Wednesday 5 January 2011

Treadmill Trot/Scamper

Today I was tired (not sleeping well) but focused on my challenge to carve out time for Janathon and complete my work and family demands...

I managed a tough, but good pilates studio session for 75 gruelling minutes (loved it really). Realised quite soon I had worn the wrong clothes as was far too hot...note to self to wear wicking clothes next time. Just because it isn't running doesn't mean there's no sweat involved. I was literally quivering by the end of the session. So much so Louisa, the teacher, took pity on me and gave me a chocolate celebration to eat. Yum.

Later I found myself on the treadmill looking out into the damp garden singing along to my iPod. My treadmill clutters up our house much of the time, but is a godsend on drizzly January days. 32 minutes and a few tunes later the deed was done. 1% gradient mostly 8 minute milling, but some (only a tiny minute here and there) at 6.53...COR.

Happy (drizzly)days.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Well done Sarah for carving out some time today! I know it can be tough when you are feeling tired and not sleeping well. That's when it's a good reason (not excuse!) to just go easy on yourself and be gentle.

    Better to go out and have an easy run, than to not go out at all!

    Midgie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still inspiring me Sarah - you got me into this, and are keeping going as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete