Friday 7 January 2011

Do rest days exist?

The sound of my youngest son at 5.30 am followed by sharp pain in both Achilles as I stumbled across the dark bedroom,was not the most relaxing way to begin my 43rd birthday...

Ouch.

A welcome 'rest day' needed,if there is such a thing for a working mum of 3.

Presents, cake, hugs, cards and meals out with friends and family were lovely, but didn't remove the Janathon guilt, so decided it was time for tipsyBirthday yoga!

I put down my new (OAP) reading glasses and got out my yoga mat for 15 minutes. I am rubbish at yoga(think tin man)but do always feel better for it.

It's not running,but it is what I needed today.

Tomorrow I am hoping for a 6am lie in and a run once more.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Winchester

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sarah for yesterday!

    I did yoga on Thursday and counted it as exercise, even though it didn't really feel like 'real' exercise to me!

    For me, real exercise must consist of putting something lycra on ... oh, and then doing something while wearing it ... like a run, a bike or a gym session!!

    ReplyDelete