Sunday 9 January 2011

Blue sky running

Our lovely babysitter saved the day by forcing me to get out the door for a run this morning at 9 when I really didn't feel like it.

Our youngest continues to wake up repeatedly throughout the night and my husband and I feel we are turning into zombies....I started looking like one some time back!!

Once out into the 'cold and frosty morning' we were rewarded with a glorious run in beautiful, much welcome sunshine. My polar buff and two pairs of gloves helped keep the chill off and I soon found myself smiling at the joy and simplicty of being able to do what I love once more.

I slipped a few times on the ice, but thankfully didn't fall...

The water meadows once more created the backdrop if the bulk of the run and we passed two runners that I coach out for their run and looking great(v. proud coach).

After about 9 miles Tom and I ran past the rugby club and saw boys as young as 3 having a wonderful time by doing some seriously impressive speed work! Great atmosphere and inspiring to see. Passing the Military fitness group doing jump squats on the playing field saw my husband speeding up a bit- was he trying to impress or get away from them?!

The run was completed by going along the footpath by the river, down to Kingsworthy and through Barton Farm.

Day 9 run done-11.2 miles. Achilles still complaining, but holding up.

I have exercised every day in January, so far,but being sensible and decided not to run everyday due to risk of injury.

I am already thinking ahead to tomorrow and how to find the time to do everything I want to do, as well as everything I have to do.... Where there's a will there's a way.

Happy running fellow Janathoners!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Winchester,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment