Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day 4-Headtorch runs x 2

Running with a headtorch is something I do now. It took a few years to get used to the 'miner look'! I prefer to run in the daylight(first thing ideally) but coaching in the evening is always enjoyable and rewarding. Also running in the daytime is more of a challenge when back at work/or looking after a toddler.

My Janathon miles today were at 'chat pace' so very easy running but all good. I coached two lovely ladies from 6pm-8pm this evening. Both achieving great things with their running and delightful to coach. They are working towards either a 5k or 10k in the spring.

My biggest challenge was meeting the 6pm lady at the planned time as my husband was a bit late home from work....we passed on the doorstep as I stepped out into the damp night. I say to my runners that the hardest thing is geting out the door...and it certainly was this evening!

Both runs totalled 6.4 miles.

I am more of a jogger than a blogger to quote another blog title (sorry this isn't v. long but bed is calling..). I am very much enjoying the Janathon challenge, so far and grateful to Cathy and all concerned for making this event happen! What's the plan for February??

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment